1) Restaurants & pubs:
Since all the cooking facilities are already there, restaurants & pubs might be a good choice if your guests size are not big. You can save transportation cost and the rental for the tables, chairs, table clothes, entertainment stuffs and so on. Some restaurants & pubs might offer you free drinks or cakes bundle with the packages.
Hotel is suitable for elegant wedding buffet style. The hall is flexible to serve big crowd. There are many types of hotels, some with ancient design, some with modern luxurious design, some with oriental design and other specific theme interior design. Check with the hotels whether they offer you special discount or even free accommodation based on the packages that you going to sign up with them.
3) Sports or golf club:
If you like green and fresh air view, you can consider to hold your wedding buffet at the golf club. If you like peaceful feel and windy waterside view, you can consider rent the place at the sailing club. Normally they do provide catering but make sure they can fulfill your wedding buffet menu in term of the quality, volume and choice.
4) Historic building:
Country houses, museum, castles, mansions and other cultural heritage are the nice places that can give your big day a unique atmosphere of the ancient era that most people are dream of. But these locations might have some limitations, e.g. smaller space, restricted rules for entertainment and remote location. If you think the pros are outweigh the cons, then you can consider them.
Marquee required big outdoor space and much time to set up. You need to know the surface of the tent will be located, be it concrete, wood deck or grass. The size and type of the tent will be based on the guests quantity and event layout and garden size. The power source installation, additional small tents for caterer, fitting of lighting, fan or heater or air-conditioner will add up to your costs. The advantages are marquee has many different shapes and sizes, the size can be easily changed at last minute to cater different volume of guests and the design can be customized. The guests can dance until dawn as there is no restriction as those found in hotels and restaurants. It can be set at any place you want as long as the land is big enough. The disadvantage is the costs might be high and also need times to install and dismantle the tent.
6) Gallery or Art Centre:
If you like drawings or art skills, you can host your wedding buffet at the gallery or art centre. It is more suitable if most of your guests are highly educated people where they can discuss and enjoy the graceful environment during the wedding buffet. Just be careful so that there is no artwork damaged during the event.
7) Theme parks:
Theme parks are good for bring back the childhood memory and will give your guests an unforgettable party. You save time on theme decoration as everything that are hardly to get elsewhere are already there.
8 ) Beach:
Holding wedding buffet at beach allow the guests to enjoy the beauty of the sea side and white sand. This gives your guests relax feeling and pleasant mind during the ceremony. But you may need to check if the weather will be good on your big day, at least no storm is going to attack that area.
9) Halls or Convention centres:
Conventions centres and schools halls might not have good control over privacy issues. But they might give reasonable prices on the rental if you need to invite big crowd to your wedding buffet.
- Wedding Buffet Ideas : Choosing the venue Choosing a wedding buffet venue is quite similar to choosing a wedding venue. Below are some important factors to be study on: 1) The space required You need to think whether your wedding is an intimate cozy type that only invite your family members and...
- Wedding Buffet Ideas: How to set up wedding buffet table? Decoration and food presentation of the wedding buffet table is important as it can let the guests feel festive and happy. The layout of the wedding buffet table should aim at ease the guest flow from one end of table to another end of table...
- What is Wedding Buffet? Buffet is a French word that means all you can consume. It is a popular self service dining system in parties, social events, restaurants and hotels. The concept of an all-you-can-eat buffet arrangement is often origin from Swedish tradition of a smorgasbord, but the modern...
- Surprise Your Guests With Wedding Food Ideas Different From The Expected Weddings are such special events, and they are great opportunities to make memories and recall memories. We make memories that day, and often we revisit memories of the childhoods of the couple that eventually led them to cross paths and fall in love. The romance...